Learning Management System Software
Learning Management Software Made Easy
When companies need to organize, distribute, manage, track, and evaluate your company’s training and learning programs, they are increasingly turning to the latest digital technologies to automate as much of the process as possible. That’s what the right learning management system software can do for you. If you haven’t yet taken the plunge, now is the time to make it happen. If you do make use of LMS software, are you happy with it? If not, then it’s time to switch to software that will work better for your company.
If you want to be on the leading edge and you’re not a global mega-corporation with the resources to develop its own on-site system, the good news is that there are literally hundreds of learning management system software choices available to you. Many of them are cloud-based, web-hosted software-as-a-service (SaaS) offerings. This is a major improvement that leverages the power of the Internet and World Wide Web to eliminate much of hassle associated with on-premise solutions. This new wave of cloud-based systems offers the following distinct advantages:
- No need to install any software on your company’s computer network, which represents a huge savings in IT time, and allows for lower startup costs.
- The software is maintained and automatically updated by the vendor.
- Your LMS can be accessed from anywhere that you have an Internet connection and a web browser. This applies not only to LMS administrators, but also your learners, which means much more flexibility in accessing learning and training content when and where suits them best.
- Often, these systems can also be accessed through a variety of devices, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Many of these systems have been designed for rapid implementation, which means you can often be up and running in a surprisingly short amount of time.
- Most of the vendors in this market offer clear, monthly subscription pricing which means you know what your costs are going to be and don’t have to worry about getting hit with hidden upgrade fees and other charges.
- You don’t have to worry about securely storing all your LMS content and data on-site. It’s all maintained in secure cloud storage.
- When you use an installed system, it typically comes as a package, which means you might be paying for features you don’t use or even need. Many cloud-based systems offer various aspects of their LMS a la carte, meaning you get to put together the configuration that makes the most sense for your company.
- The best cloud-based LMS vendors understand the critical importance of providing customer and technical support and will offer such support 24/7.
- Many cloud-based systems have also been designed to be very scalable, which means the system can handle a growing company and you don’t have to worry about outgrowing your LMS and finding a new one.
As you can see, the brave new digital world in which businesses find themselves does have some great benefits, not the least of which are many cloud-based learning management system software choices to make your training and learning programs that much easier to administer.
Free Resources – Additional information?