8 Cool e-Learning Video Tools for 2016
Using Videos in e-Learning
It’s no secret using videos in e-Learning, particularly to train employees is an excellent strategy. The use of videos adds a compelling layer to the instructional process that many learners find more interesting and engaging.
Advantages of using videos in your e-Learning include:
- Today’s videos are incredibly inexpensive. You can convey a lot of information in a brief video, and eliminate the need for traditional classroom training, which can be very costly, time-consuming and generally unrealistic for many businesses. Videos can condense a lot of information into a short amount of time, so you’re getting a great return on investment for training.
- Videos are an efficient way to address various learning styles and differing employee needs. No two employees are the same, nor are their training needs, but videos are somewhat like a universal language when it comes to learning.
- Using videos in your e-Learning employee training gives deeper insight and provokes a more thorough learning experience. You can use videos to really dive into the core issues employees face while challenging them not just to memorize concepts but analyze and evaluate situations, strengthening their decision-making and critical thinking skills.
When we talk about videos, we’re not discussing those training videos of the 70s and 80s. You know the ones we’re talking about—outdated, poor quality, irrelevant content.
Today there is an abundance of available technology that makes it easier than ever before to produce outstanding videos with fantastic quality that actually speak to your learners.
Here are 8 of our favorite cool video tools for 2016:
VideoScribe is a tool that lets users create whiteboard animations, requiring no design or technical skills. It’s simple to get started—all you do is download the software to your computer and you’re ready to start making animations in a matter of seconds. One of the coolest things about VideoScrib is the vast selection of royalty-free images and music, so you can quickly and easily add images, music, text and voiceovers to your video. You can choose from thousands of pictures and soundtracks, but you can also download your own. Once you’re finished, you can export your video to PowerPoint, YouTube or directly to your computer and it becomes an excellent way to train employees.
Animoto is a platform that lets you create videos using existing photos and video clips in a matter of minutes. There are design tools including video styles with filter and transitions to ensure your content looks professional, and you can select from more than 1000 commercially licensed music tracks. Customize videos using changeable background colors and fonts to ensure training is consistent with your brand. Other features include unlimited use, the ability to add your business logo at the beginning or end of your video and the option to download for offline viewing. You can also share videos on YouTube and then incorporate them into your courses.
PowToon gives businesses a way to create animated videos and presentations for free. These animated short videos are a great way to grab learner’s attention since they’re short, impactful and to the point. In just 20 minutes you can enjoy professional-quality results thanks to PowToon’s availability of ready-made templates and drag-and-drop design tools.
- Make Beliefs Comix
Make Beliefs Comix is intended as a tool for teachers, but it can be something that’s fun to infuse into employee training as well. You just create your own colorful and vibrant comic strip, and you begin by choosing a character and emotion. You then make your character express thoughts, and you can also add other characters to expand the conversation. It’s a good way to capture attention and evoke emotion in your e-Learning, especially if you’re dealing with a dry or boring subject.
WeVideo is a powerful collaborative video creation tool that’s simple, convenient but also gives you complete creative control. Using WeVideo allows you to completely customize your creations with your brand’s logo and colors. In addition to having options for personal and business use, WeVideo also has solutions aimed at education, with the goal being the encouragement of engagement and multimodal learning, along with critical thinking.
Moovly lets you create a variety of multimedia content, and companies like Cisco use it. Moovly’s business solutions pave the way for editing, sharing, copying, updating and translating videos without a lot of technical training or expertise. Animated content can be designed as tutorials and explainer videos, e-Learning and training, internal and external communication, product marketing and more. Moovly is a browser-based content creation tool, so you don’t have to install any software and once your content is complete, it’s delivered in the quality you choose, from standard to HD. You can also upload an unlimited number of sounds, video clips and images to your company library and publish them to a wide range of platforms.
Evaer is a tool to record Skype video calls and audio data with high-quality results. It supports picture-in-picture, side-by-side and other types of calls, plus you can choose to record both sides sound, local sound only and remote sound only.
Avidemux is a simple, but effective and useful free video editing tool. It lets you do the basics of video editing including cutting, filtering, and encoding, and it supports a variety of file types. You can join clips without re-encoding, and the list of filter options is long.
Nutshell is a free app that lets you take three photos using the app, then add copy after selecting from the available text style options. You then add animated graphics to your photos and click to create a mini-movie that combines all three components—photos, text, and graphics. It’s as simple as it comes and you can deliver byte-sized training through the implementation of mini-movies. It’s a great way to make a significant impact on learners when it comes to important concepts that you want to be salient in training.
- Download the Guide to the HR Technology Landscape – HR Intelligence Report
- 7 Critical Questions about e-Learning: What Executives and HR Professionals Need to Know
- Here are the Top 10 Ways Learning Management Systems Can Improve the Workplace Environment
- See how to Train People Who Don’t Want to Be Trained – Barriers to Training
- Explore the 10 Ideas To Optimize Online Training And Maximize Impact in your organization