Corporate Learning Management Systems
The 4 Essential Courses Of Corporate Learning Management Systems
If your company is looking for a new eLearning platform, there are certain features and courses you want available in your corporate learning management system. Of course, you want to ensure that your platform will offer all of the services and features you need—but you also want to make sure they offer all of the educational training that you should give your employees. Many consumers make the crucial mistake of neglecting to determine the quality and relevance of content being delivered to their employees.
Here is a list of the four types of courses that every company—including yours— should offer to their employees within their corporate learning management systems:
- Compliance Trainings
You need your corporate learning management system to have the basic compliance training available for onboarding and annual updates. These trainings are necessary to build a culture of integrity and to reduce legal risk associated with problematic behaviors at work.
Examples of compliance courses include:
- Diversity: learning the values and opportunities with diversity; explanation of Equal Employment Opportunity Laws
- Harassment: understanding, preventing, and reporting inappropriate behaviors regarding sexual, physical, or verbal harassment
- Ethical decision making: giving employees the tools to feel comfortable responding to difficult situations
- Safety: OSHA safe practices and standards; responding to violence; job-related safety videos, like housekeeping or forklift training
- Communication Education
To add to the effects of basic compliance training, you should include communication and workplace relationships courses. This will help your employees feel comfortable working with one another in different scenarios.
It is important to acknowledge that not everyone will get along, but offering communication education courses can help create a safe and pleasant working environment for everyone:
- Conflict resolution: how to deal with unresolved issues in an appropriate manner
- Communication skills: how to communicate with peers and bosses towards success
- Teamwork: how to work together; working with difficult people; balancing friendships with professional relationships in the office
- Managing termination: how to properly, legally, and not-so-uncomfortably terminate an employee
- Creating High Performers
You likely have many employees who want to have further education and development opportunities available to them. Your corporate learning management system should offer training that will help boost these employees’ morale, job performance, and personal stress levels so they can become top performers.
Examples of courses you can offer that will help raise your employees to the next level and create high performers:
- Time management: understanding how to better manage time to be more productive and feel less stressed
- Attitude and happiness: gives employees the tools to have a positive attitude and feel fulfilled in their work
- Decision making: easy solutions to making challenging decisions
- Interviewing: how to ask positive questions and practice interpersonal relationship skills
- Job-based Trainings
Finally, you want to ensure that the corporate learning management system you are purchasing offers relevant job-based training. For example, if you are a retail company, you do not want an LMS platform that specializes in tech training. Do your research and consult with the company to ensure they offer all the necessary courses that will give your employees the groundwork to do their jobs.
You may also want to consider choosing a platform that lets you create your own training as well, ensuring all training gaps are filled.
What kind of content and training are available on your corporate learning management system? Learn more about eLeap’s training course packages and software to find the best option for your business.
Resources – Additional information?