Length: 60 minutes
Conflict is a part of life in the workplace, and how you manage conflicts and negotiate agreements with your clients, vendors, co-workers, bosses, and reports can determine the success of your business and your career. From the comfort of your own computer, learn the principles of collaborative negotiation that can help you advance your career, close more profitable sales, and resolve conflicts at work and elsewhere.
In this negotiation skill CareerShorts, you will learn how to:
- Become more persuasive by listening objectively to all points of view in a conflict
- Negotiate effectively by understanding the interests that motivate people
- Create value by generating creative options and compromises for resolution
- Avoid uncomfortable surprises by preparing for your negotiations
- Develop mutually respectful relationships as you negotiate at work
- Deal well with people who have different negotiating styles
- Conclude negotiations successfully with clear and durable agreements
Coach: Moshe Cohen, President, The Negotiating Table Moshe Cohen, MBA is a trainer and mediator based in Cambridge, MA. Since founding The Negotiating Table in 1995, he has conducted hundreds of negotiations skills workshops for numerous corporations, law firms, financial services companies, consulting firms, and others, and has mediated hundreds of employment, workplace, and other conflicts. Mr. Cohen also teaches Negotiations and Leadership in the MBA program at Boston University and Cambridge College, and is a frequent guest speaker at business functions, conferences, and universities. He has also published numerous articles on negotiation, mediation, conflict management, and leadership.